SIC Mentorship Program
A program designed to accomplish 2 main objectives:
- Deepen SIC Value added to early stage impact startups
- Expand SIC network within the impact startup community
The Mentorship Program would enable:
- SIC-vetted startup founders to receive 1-1 mentorship with experienced professionals.
- Experienced professionals to contribute to the growth of young impactful startups, with minimal effort.
- SIC Partner VCs to receive high quality information from the program that would contribute to their own industry assessments.
The Mentorship Program consists of a mutual selection process and social context analysis which will allow a perfect match between mentees and the following experienced professionals:
- Entrepreneurial experts
- Industry experts
- Subject matter experts
Why Be A SIC Mentor?
What we’ll help you with:
- GIVE BACK: Support the next generation of impact-driven founders to overcome their knowledge and cognitive barriers to succeed and make a positive contribution to society.
- LEARN: Learn entrepreneurship-specific contents and stay up-to-date with industry trends.
- DEVELOPMENT: develop leadership theory and best practice through mentoring sessions.
- NETWORK: Stay plugged into the emerging high-impact entrepreneurship community.
- OPPORTUNITY: Access to curated investment opportunities and talents.
How to become a SIC Mentor?
Entrepreneurial experience: co-founder, CXO and/or supported ventures as a board member or investor OR
Industry experience: industry experts with at least 5 years of experience within a particular industry OR
Functional experience: subject matter experts with at least 5 years of experience in at least one of the following categories:
- Strategic planning
- Investing & Financing
- Business development
- Accounting & Financial Analysis
- R&D/Product development
- Talent development
- Mentored at least 3 teams in the past or participated in mentoring programs for at least 1 year
- Apply by filling out the form
- First interview (phone call or in person)
- Second interview (in person if needed)
- You’re a SIC Mentor!